Hey I'm Alan!
I create awesome images for people who love to laugh, are in love and enjoy having a great time.
I work with them to get exactly the kind of images and natural, real and fun artwork they love to hang on thier walls.
I've got 15 years of talking to and enjoying photographing people under my belt along with many state, national and international awards. On top of that I get to fly around the Australia judging and assessing photographers for the Australian Institute of Professional Photography.
When i'm not out creating awesome images and memories for people I can be found...
Crossing off cafes from my ever growing "must try" list
Going on adventures both real and imaginary with my daughter, wife and evil cat.
Hanging out in my old home island of Tasmania
If you are dying to know more, here are 10 things you don't know about me...
- I once gave Princess Diana a clip on Koala for Prince William's curtains
- I was once so tired after travelling to a Croatian village that I asked a waiter to "feed me" and then he served me a $130 on a three course truffle dinner (it was worth it).
- When I'm editing wedding photos I have music playing really really loud.
- Many people know me as Wombat, a throw back to a mean name calling incident in grade 7 (i'm ok with it now, thanks to therapy)
- I shot a portrait of my now wife 12 hours after meeting her and gave her a little discount on what she bought (she still thinks I should pay her back)
- I love personal development books, courses, audios and what ever else I can get my hands on.
- I have no idea what most of the things in the hardware store are or how to use them.
- I skipped class in highschool to go to another school and sneak into their darkroom before that school kicked me out.... I got kicked out of a school I didn't go to.
- I pretended to work for a magazine to get a press pass for a music festival, after the festival I fessed up to the director and she gave me an access all areas pass for the following festivals
- When studying I started taking photos of unknown comedians with funny names like Rove and Wil Anderson (no idea where they ended up)
Like what you see and read? Click here to drop me an email and let me know what I can do for you
And here is info on the self portrait of me above.
The girl is the photo is my wife Vikashni, shot years before they met when she did a modelling course. It's the photo my daughter Saffron blows a kiss to and says goodnight to every night.
Orange is my favourite flavour and has no idea what flavour Fanta is, but it certainly isn't orange.
My wedding ring is a mix of old and new, the small gold band of my grandmothers wedding ring is wedged between white gold to give it some support.
The green Chuck's are my favourite shoes. For years I wore the felt converse skate shoes, thinking I couldn't pull off the classics. On a whim I tried and then bought. Now I am on the look out for a matching pair for his daughter.
The giraffe is made by my wife for our daughter out of fabric that was bought in Athens on the first day of our honeymoon and carried by me (with some slight complaining) for the rest of the trip.
The wooden spoon is my cooking companion, steamed to perfection and just the right shape and size for most cooking adventures.
The beanie is knitted by my mother for her granddaughter. I could put more of the hand knitted jackets in the shot but this one has to symbolise all the others that I love dressing my daughter in.
The red spotty shots are a requirement for adventures with Saffron.
The little girl is Saffron, and the project I works on with her.
The dog was bought on a brief trip to Croatia and has lived in every one of my offices I have had since.
Some photos of my life
And my office assistant...
Some nice words that have come my way...
We were nervous about our photo shoot. Our three year old son does not warm up quickly to strangers. When Alan showed up it took a matter of minutes before our kids were giggling and hanging on every word he said. There’s a special understated energy to what Alan does and it puts everyone at ease. The camera is like an extension of his arm, he barely puts it to his eye. And the shots! Alan is a true artist. We will never have anyone else photograph our family.
Rhian, Carlton, Vic
We thoroughly enjoyed our experience with Alan, we were given a voucher for photos when our baby was born (lovely gift!) and decided on some family photos to remember this magic time.Following out pre-consultation, Alan came to our home and took our photos. We couldn’t wait to see them! We are absolutely thrilled how they have turned out. Alan has been great to work with; he is professional but also friendly and approachable.
We highly recommend Alan and Photobat.
Claire and Brendon, Legana TAS
The whole experience from start to finish with Photobat was fun. It actually became an experience to remember as a family rather than just a photo shoot. The whole family was able to get involved in the decisions regarding the type of photos we wanted, not just turn up, stand there, aim, shoot, done! haven’t had a shoot with Alan…. Well you haven’t lived!
Thanks for the memories!
Celine – Launceston TAS
Thank you so much for producing such beautiful images on our wedding day. Everything has been great and you were so non-invasive on the day - we really can’t tell you how great you are. Thank you so much!
Ebonee and Paul – London
After my son and daughter in laws wedding, I realized how good you are at capturing your subjects. You are the best people photographer I have ever seen!
Liz Dombrovskis – Tasmania
We had the best experience with Photobat for our wedding – Alan went out of his way to get the “perfect” shots and we had fun doing it!
The quality of our canvas print and the wedding album were outstanding and we would defiantly recommend Photobat photography to anyone!
Well will defiantly be dealing with them in the future!
Ryan and Liona - Launceston
Photobat takes the most amazing photographs. They really capture the moment and the people in the most natural way. We had photos done with our children at the beach, Alan was just brilliant with them, and he captured each child’s personality and the closeness between them. I would recommend Photobat to anyone wanting professional photography
Ally - Riverside